Join Us at Our Annual Women’s Outdoor Weekend
Escape from your responsibilities, and enjoy the great outdoors with our annual Women’s Outdoor Weekend. This weekend is filled with events that give you an opportunity to relax and get yourself revitalized. Whether it’s sitting by the solar heated swimming pool, walking our beautiful hiking trails, doing a nature craft, stargazing or just enjoying the company of new found friends, you will have lots of time for reflection and peace in nature.
Running 16 years strong, we can’t wait for you to join in creating this event’s great legacy.
Our Women’s Outdoor Weekend package includes great tasting and nutritious meals (bring your own snacks & drinks for around the fire). Also includes all workshops & supplies and camping in our park. Our tipis, camping cabins, and bed and breakfast are available for reservation at additional cost.
- Forest Bathing: Certified forest therapy guide Sarah Earley will take you on a meditative walk through our hardwood forest and escarpment area focused on connecting with nature and being in the present. This peaceful and quiet experience will rejuvenate you and connecting you back into your natural roots.
- Campfire Cooking Workshop: Learn how to make traditional bannock over an open fire and enjoy a wonderful feast of bannock and wild greens chowder for lunch.
- Creative Crafts: Leatherwood trees have the unique ability to peel their bark, leaving a beautiful white smooth finish underneath, perfect for painting. Cut and strip your own leatherwood branches and paint them to create your own colourful twig bouquet. When your bouquet is done, make positive affirmation bracelets from semiprecious gemstones and stainless steel affirmation charms.
- Sunset GROOVE-N Dance Party: This dance party is like none you have ever been too. It is about loving yourself, moving how you want to and feels right to you, and having fun as the sun sets with your enthusiastic host Sherry Case.
- PJ Karaoke Party with Fran & Chris: Join hosts, Fran and Chris for some backyard karaoke on the big screen. Belt out your favourite tunes from the 70s, 80s & 90s and win prizes.
- Indigenous Storytelling, Smudging and Talking Circle: Join Bear Clan indigenous educator Gayle Payette for an authentic first nations cultural experience.
- Massage and/or Pedicure: Itza Zalvidea will be offering massages and pedicures on Saturday only. The cost is $30 for a ½ hour massage and/or $30 for a pedicure. Book in your time with her in advance by contacting: 705-351-0103 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our Events page for more of what is happening at Gordon’s Park