Regular Reservations please review the new policies, then click the Book Now button below to use our online booking portal NOW OPEN FOR 2021!
We are currently accepting only credit card payments.
The new owners are working on the schedule for public special events in 2021, including astromony and Aurora related events. We will update the Astronomy webpage and announce on our Facebook Page when that information becomes available.
Private Special Events and Large Groups please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your number of participants, preferred dates, accommodations and type of event requested.
Off Peak Season: May, June, September, October 2021 Now Open 7 Days! – 10am – 6:30pm
Peak Season: July and August 2021: Now Open 7 days! – 9am – 9pm
Open until 10 pm during star party events and on long holiday weekends
Check in times are between 2pm – 5pm
Check out time is by 10am
Quiet Hours are between 10pm and 8am. Please ensure your group is quiet enough not to disturb your closest neighbours
ALL guests staying at the Park are welcome to enjoy the Dark Sky Preserve, observing the policies re: no white light and Quiet Hours.
2 Night minimum starting – Friday, May 21st, 2021
3 Night minimum starting – Thursday, July 1st, 2021
2 Night minimum starting – Friday, July 30th, 2021
2 Night minimum starting – Friday, September 3rd, 2021
Gordon’s Park is committed to the safety of our staff, guests and Manitoulin Island. We have been planning diligently to ensure a safe 2021 summer season at our Park, and have developed some initiatives and processes to ensure just that. Before booking, please review these details for the upcoming season:
- A non-refundable deposit of 50% is due to reserve your booking. We will process your payment after you complete a booking request in our online system.
- For safety, during the summer of 2021 we require payment in full before you arrive at the Park as part of our contactless check-in process. Before heading out to the Park, please call or email during office hours to arrange payment of any balance due.
- Before your scheduled arrival date, you will receive your assigned site number(s), a map of our campground, and any other information you might need for your stay.
- Multiple families visiting together will be placed at adjacent sites whenever possible. Please note your names/request when booking in the online portal.
- Please include your arrival time when you set up your booking (2-5pm).
- When you arrive you can travel right to your campsite. We just ask that you give us a call to let us know you are here, and any changes or add-ons needed.
- If you get the answering system please leave us a message with your site number, number of adults and children (under 16) on site for emergency purposes, and any further questions or requests eg. additional firewood or supplies from the Park Store.
- Campsites allow for 1 vehicle. Additional vehicles can be parked in our main lot.
- Each camp site allows for either two (2) tents (one sleeping and one cooking) OR one (1) Camper, Pop Up, RV + one cooking tent. Extra tents are subject to a fee of $10 + tax each per night. Should you wish to have more tents please select the add-on for extra BYO tents.
- We have three Forest Campsites with HydroElectric available for an additional fee.
- Family prices listed on our website are for 2 adults and children under the age of 16. For additional adults, the cost is $10 per person/ night, which will be added to the cost of your accommodations.
- The maximum number of adults per campsite is 4.
- For our roofed accommodations, we will be following public health recommendations on the cleaning of these spaces between rental parties.
Social & Ecological Considerations:
As an organization we are highly committed to environmentally and socially conscious choices to support the wellbeing of humans and all our relations.
- We welcome guests with any special needs to reach out at the time of booking by phone or email to ask any questions and request accommodations that will make your visit to Gordon’s Park the best possible experience.
- Due to the risk of transmission of arboreal diseases, and invasive/harmful species including insects, in order to ensure the continued health of the beautiful forest here we cannot allow outside firewood. Local firewood is available for purchase at $8/bundle and should be added to your account when booking to allow for contact-free check-in, and can be refilled if needed during your stay. Rate of usage varies, many guests opt for 1 bundle per night in their preorder.
- Fires must be contained in designated areas and always supervised by an adult. Fires must be put out with water at the end of the night. To avoid white light, no fires are allowed in the Dark Sky area.
- Charcoal may be brought by guests for cooking purposes. Here are some tips for eco-friendly options: Conventional charcoal bricks are comprised of wood byproduct, sawdust, and lighter fluid (with nasty additives in there, too!). These bricks often release volatile compounds (VOCs) into the atmosphere as they burn, too. An atmosphere-healthy option is the use of lump coal rather than traditional briquettes. A delicious flavor is obtained through the use of lump coal that is quite similar to charcoal. There are no additives or chemicals and barbecue lovers often opt for this alternative for grilling. This eco-friendly, green charcoal saves our forests, while releasing less gas and soot emissions. “Better” lump charcoal is sustainably sourced, organic, and all-natural, such as organic lump bamboo charcoal or coconut shell charcoal.
- We ask guests to clean, then reuse and/or recycle whenever possible. The proper bins for sorting between landfill items, recyclables, and compost are located in several convenient places throughout the Park.
- We strongly encourage everyone at the Park to bring reuseable items, avoiding single-use plastics (eg. bags, containers, plates, utensils for food, beverages, water, etc.), styrofoam, and items that must be sent into landfills. We will have some reuseable supplies available in the Park Store for you to purchase; contact us in advance of your visit to have these added to your account and ready for you upon arrival.
- We ask that all guests only use the eco-conscious cleaning supplies provided by the Park for community use; these have been confirmed safe for children, staff, and other guests who are chemically sensitive, without harmful impact on the environment.
- We highly recommend scent free/eco-conscious personal care products be used while camping. We have found find they attract less insects, are more considerate of the environment, and tend to be kind to chemically sensitive neighbours. We will have simple soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes, bug-spray, and backpack-suitable hand-sanitizer available at the Park Store; contact us in advance of your visit to have these added to your account and ready for you upon arrival, or let us know if you need to purchase any during your stay.
- Service Dogs who are trained to assist their human with a disability are welcome in all facilities.
- Friendly companion dogs are also welcome; please include the Pet Add-On when booking your reservation. The fee is $5 per dog/per day. Dogs are to be kept with their humans, on a leash and cleaned up after: we have compostable bags available for purchase from the Park store, or you can BYO. They are welcome in the Forest Campground, Dark Sky Preserve, and hiking trails. Please contact us before booking to inquire about special arrangements for companion dogs to have access in our roofed accommodations (cabins, bunkies, tipis, B&B, etc.).
- Gordon’s Park is a family-oriented space. As such, any consumption of alcoholic beverages and cigarettes must be confined to your individual rental site. All such items must be disposed of properly, either rinsed and placed in the appropriate recycle bins, or put out in designated cigarette receptacles. Smoking and drinking are not allowed in any common outdoors spaces, nor inside tipis, cabins, or any other indoor spaces.
- Potable water is available at the front of the Park for all guests. Those staying in the Dark Sky Reserve currently need to pack it in. The new owners will be working on creating water stations there.
- Thorough cleaning is being done regularly in all of our common areas (eg. office, Nature Centre, washrooms, showers, pool, and summer kitchen).
- Hand sanitizer will be available in these areas, as will eco-conscious cleaning supplies should you wish to wipe things down before you use the space.
- According to the current health and safety guidelines for Ontario, when indoors all guests must wear effective masks: 2 layers of material covering from nose to chin and fitted to the face. If you do not have a mask that is sufficiently effective, you will be required to purchase such a mask from the camp store. Face Shields designed for safety are also acceptable.
- Guests are required to maintain social distance of 6 ft or more from people who are not part of your household/campsite group in all common spaces, indoors and out. To ensure this is possible indoors, we will be limiting the number of people inside each building at one time.
- Guests are required to bring their own pots, pans and utensils to use in the summer kitchen area, communal items will not be available.
- All of our washroom facilities (both privies and our flush toilets) are self-contained single person units with fully closed in walls.
- We have two shower stalls that are both individual self-contained units.
- We have privies scattered throughout our camping areas (Forest Camping and Dark Sky Campground). Our flush toilets are by the main office area.
Cancellations/Refunds in Covid 19 Conditions:
- We require a 50% non-refundable deposit on all bookings to hold your space. However, we have created a flexible re-booking/transfer policy. Your booking can be changed in any of these ways complete free of charge, provided that your re-booking is of equal value. Should you need to make changes to your booking our staff are happy to help. Options include:
- When at all possible please give us 24 hours written notice by email to email@example.com. Phone calls are fine if internet isn’t available to you.
- You can rebook your stay for another time within the 2021 season (up until October 30th).
- You can transfer your reservation to a new party (note that additional charges may apply if the new party has additional add-ons, ex. more people, dogs, firewood, additional nights, or long weekend rates). Send us your request for transfer in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the new party arrives (please specify their names, ages, best phone numbers and email contact info).
- If you were booked for star party weekend you can reschedule your stay to another star party weekend based on availability.
- If you were booked for a star party weekend you can reschedule your stay to a non-event time for a regular camping experience.
- If you paid the full amount due for your stay with us up front and you need to cancel your reservation, 50% will be refunded to your method of initial payment.
- All single evening events (Stargazing Night Hike, Thursday/Saturday Astronomy Night) in 2021 are non-refundable. The only exception being, should we (Gordon’s Park) need to cancel an event due to weather, you will receive the option of a rain check, an opportunity to come to one of our other events in the 2021 season and/or will receive a gift certificate in the amount of your purchase to be used at the Park during our 2021 season.
- If you are booking up to the Friday of a long weekend or starting on Monday of a long weekend you will see no availability due to the two night minimum on long weekends. In these cases please contact us directly at email@example.com to inquire about availability and to make your reservation. We will accommodate you if we can.
- Regular astronomy nights, stargazing night hikes, and moonlight hike & wolf howls will be by registration only (no walk-ins or last minute sign-ups) and we will have numbers capped lower than usual, so please plan ahead to reserve your spot once booking opens for 2021.
We know that deciding to leave your home this summer will be a big decision and we want to make sure that you know that we don’t take your choice in Gordon’s Park lightly. In everything we are doing, we have you in mind. Please feel free to contact us with any questions regarding this policy or your trip – firstname.lastname@example.org